Guelph Implant Dentistry Centre
Teeth In a Day - All on Four Dental Implants - Denture Implants
Get the Smile You've Always Wanted
Helping to restore the look and feel of natural teeth
The loss of one or more teeth can have a major impact on the function and shape of your mouth and the appearance of your smile:
- Missing teeth can change the shape of your mouth and the look of your face.
- Gaps in your teeth can impair your ability to eat certain foods.
- The spaces left by missing teeth can reduce the attractiveness of your smile and diminish your sense of confidence.
Dr. Ahmad and his team have extensive experience in restoring missing teeth with the comfortable placement of dental implants. This is often a much more comfortable experience than the removal of a tooth and much better healing process as well.
About Dental Implants
A dental implant is made from titanium. It bonds to the jaw, much like the root of a natural tooth and permanently replaces a lost tooth. Dental implants are suitable to anyone in good general health. They are put in place during a simple, short surgical procedure done under local anesthetic.
Our office realizes the value that dental implants present for patients. As such we a proud be to be able to provide you with the affordable dental implant solutions.
Denture gives you only 20% chewing capacity compared to natural teeth, Implant supported teeth give you 90% chewing capacity.
WHAT MAKES DENTAL IMPLANTS THE TREATMENT OF CHOICE?
Dental implants feel much more natural and secure than traditional removable denture plates, especially if these are loose-fitting because of extensive bone loss. Dental Implants can provide support to a full denture, making it secure which enables you to eat and speak more comfortably and with confidence. If several adjacent teeth are missing, a fixed bridge may be attached to dental implants as an alternative to a removable partial denture plate. Implants allow replacement of missing teeth without having to change or modify adjacent teeth.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR A DENTAL IMPLANT?
Low cost dental implants are appropriate for almost anyone who is missing teeth or at risk of losing teeth. Occasionally, older patients express concerns that their age may prevent them from enjoying the benefits that dental implants offer. However, health is more of a determining factor than age. If you’re healthy enough to have a tooth extracted, you’re probably healthy enough to receive dental implants. There are very few medical reasons why you may not be a candidate to receive a dental implant. Your dentist will discuss these with you if necessary. The major limiting factor in determining whether you can have an implant to replace a missing tooth is whether there is sufficient bone remaining to accept the implant. This can be determined with an x-ray and a thorough examination of your oral tissues and supporting bone (jaw).
IS THE PROCEDURE PAINFUL?
Dental implant surgery is often minor and similar to having a tooth removed. Many people have said they have gone back to work the next day.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- Dental implants support replacement teeth similarly to the way a tooth root supports natural teeth.
- Dental implants can be used to replace a single lost tooth or many missing teeth.
- They provide an alternative to ill-fitting dentures which wobble, click, slip and slide around the mouth.
- Dental implants can restore your chewing efficiency so you can eat most foods with confidence and without pain.
- Dental Implants can prevent embarrassment about missing teeth, spaces, and ill-fitting dentures.
- You’ll be able to speak with confidence and enjoy your favorite foods.
- Implants are not subject to cavities or temperature sensitivity.
- Implants eliminate the need to compromise the adjacent teeth, in comparison to a conventional bridge which requires the slight removal of tooth structure. (The teeth are required to be shaved or ground down slightly).
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
- The length of time the entire procedure takes, especially if you want immediate results.
- There is a rare chance that an implant can become loose and require replacement. Every person is unique and implant success cannot be guaranteed.
- Insurance companies do not cover most implant procedures, therefore cost may be an issue.
WHAT DO DENTAL IMPLANTS COSTS?
Each patient's treatment needs are different and unique, your treatment coordinator will discuss the cost of your individual dental treatment plan. Generally speaking the cost of treatment with most Implants is comparable to other restorations involving fixed bridgework.
In our office, we love providing our patients with excellent care while keeping costs affordable for them.
We offer dental implant treatment including the surgical placement and crown placement for well below what most dental offices will charge. This is because we have efficient protocols in place that reduce costs to our patients.
HOW LONG WILL THE IMPLANTS LAST?
Research and documented scientific studies have proven the effectiveness and long lasting results of implants once they have been integrated with bone. However, each patient is different and it is impossible to predict dental implant life with any certainty.
Implants have a success rate of greater than 90% and over 25 years of scientific documentation.
Indeed there are implants that have been successful for over 25 years.
Factors thought to affect the longevity of implants are your overall health, nutrition, oral hygiene, commitment to regular dental visits or professional maintenance and whether you use tobacco. Other factors are your anatomy and the design and construction of the restoration placed on the implants to restore the dental function.