What To Expect at Your First Visit
A first impression is everything, and at Scottsdale Dental we want your first visit to our practice to be welcoming, comfortable, and fun. Our goal is to give you a bright, healthy smile that lasts a lifetime.
Our practice understands that your first visit to the dentist's office can be intimidating! The doctors and team at Scottsdale Dental in Guelph want to make you feel relaxed about receiving dental treatment. We make it our goal to provide you with a fun, beneficial experience that helps you stay healthy and happy. We welcome you to Scottsdale Dental and look forward to working with you and your smile!
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. It also will help relieve any unnecessary anxiety you may be feeling. Educate yourself on your symptoms by reviewing the content on this Web site. Also, take some time to review our staff page and familiarize yourself with the team and our Doctors. We look forward to your first visit.
Your first visit is spent assessing your current oral health in a very comprehensive and thorough manner. Typically this appointment is about 60-90 minutes long. In addition to getting to know you personally, we will:
- Take time listening to your concerns and expecations.
- Review with you, your complete dental AND medical history.
- Have a detailed conversation with you about your concerns and history of previous dental treatment.
- We will take any necessary x-rays only to check for cavities, bone loss, infections and also other issues.
- These x-rays are used as part of a comprehensive oral and dental exam that includes charting of all your existing dental work, and assessment of your gums and bones.
- We want to know and understand the history of your mouth.
- We will note any new issues such as cavities, broken/weak teeeth, gum inflammation, and any other concerns.
- We will additionally perform a head and neck oral cancer exam.
- Once the initial assessment is completed, we will have a detailed discussion with you, answer any questions you may have, and together with you, come up wth a plan for any needed treatment.
- After this exam, it is important to continue scheduling regular checkups.
- In certain involved situations requiring more time, we may need to have you return at a later date to complete the exam.