Dr. Farhan Ahmad, Hon. BSc., DDS
Dr. Ahmad moved from Halifax, Nova Scotia after high school to attend the University of Toronto. It was there that he graduated with a Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.), and Honors Bachelors of Science (Hon. B.Sc.) in Pharmacology and Human Biology.
He further had the privilege to receive advanced training in a hospital-based General Practice Residency (G.P.R.) at Hartford Hospital's Dental and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Department in Hartford, Connecticut. This was in collaboration with the University of Connecticut's Department of Dentistry. This is a designation held by a small group of dentists. His training included rotations in Hartford Hospital's Anaesthesia, Emergency Medicine and Internal Medicine departments.
In addition to the above formal training, Dr. Ahmad has spent hundreds of hours keeping up with improvements and innovations in dentistry to ensure his patients get the most appropriate care.
Currently, Dr. Ahmad practices a comprehensive scope of dentistry including:
- General Dentistry
- Advanced surgical procedures including Dental Implant surgery and treatment of impacted Wisdom Teeth
- Treating medically compromised patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- Management of Oral Pathologies
- Emergency dental care for patients with severe infections and traumatic dental & orofacial injuries
- Treatment of patients under sedation - General Anaesthesia, Moderate Sedation and Nitrous Oxide Sedation
- Pediatric Dentsitry
- Endodontic Therapy
- Crown and Bridge prostheses
- Treatment of gum disease including periodontal/gum surgery
- Fixed and Removable Prosthodontics
Throughout his formal training, Dr. Ahmad was involved in research work at the University of Toronto's Faculty of Dentistry, Department of Chemistry, as well at the Hospital for Sick Childrens' Department of Nephrology, and the Mount Sinai Hospital's Fred A. Litwin Center for Cancer Genetics. He has published research work in the journals Proteins, Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention, and the Ontario Dental Students Journal.
Dr. Ahmad has a keen interest in providing the most up-to-date and comprehensive oral & dental care in a comfortable setting. He is a licensed member of the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), the Ontario Dental Association (ODA), International College of Oral Implantologists (ICOI) and Academy of General Dentistry (AGD).
During his downtime, Dr. Ahmad enjoys spending time with his family. He also enjoys playing soccer, cycling and outdoor activites in general.