Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
One of the cornerstones of our practice is the value of patient education. We love to share our knowledge with patients so they can better take care of their oral health.
We hear a lot of the same questions from our patients about preventive care, treatment options, and our practice. For your convenience, we’ve listed some of the more common queries below.
If you don’t see your question here, please feel free to call us. The only silly question is the question that doesn’t get asked! We look forward to hearing from you!
- I'm fearful of going to the dentist, what can I do?
- There are so many toothpastes and toothbrushes to choose from; how do I know which one to use?
- How often do I need to visit the dentist?
- I am pregnant, do I need to take any special precautions?
- What's gum disease all about?
- Are flossing and chewing sugar-free gum a good idea?
- How much will my treatment cost?
- Can I have my teeth whitened?
- At what age should I bring my child in for his or her first visit?
- Will I be able to have my teeth cleaned the day of my first visit?
- Will my procedure hurt?
- Is parking available on the premises?
- Are dental x-rays necessary? Are they safe?
- How often do I need an oral cancer screening?
- How long will my first dental appointment be?
- I'm not happy with my smile, how can you help?
- Do you offer complete family dentistry?
- How often should I brush and floss my teeth?
- How do I know if I have gum disease?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How do I know what my dental benefits cover?
- Do you open Early Mornings, Late Evenings or Saturdays?
- Do the doctors check for oral cancer?
- I’ve read that gum disease can contribute to heart disease and even stroke. Is this true?
- What causes people to lose their teeth?
- What is a TMJ or TMD?
- Why is it important to have regular teeth cleaning?